- Ph.D. Physics; Purdue University
- M.S. Physics; University of Missouri at Kansas City
- B.S. Physics; University of Missouri at Kansas City
- Introductory Physics courses
- Modern Physics II
- Quantum Mechanics
- Physics Education
- Theory of Elementary Particles
- Nanophysics Theory
- Shaw, John, Experiments with a Magneto Electric Generator. Transactions of the Missouri Academy of Science, Volume 40 (2006), pp. 74-83.
- Shaw, John, Comparing Carnot, Stirling, Otto, Brayton and Diesel Cycles. Transactions of the Missouri Academy of Science, Volume 42 (2008), pp. 1-6.
- Tyler Tommey, Dustin Wagner, John Shaw Jr., and Michael K. Bellamy, A Breadboard Filter Photometer/Fluorometer that Illustrates the Effects of Spectral Bandpass on Calibration Curves While Measuring Free-Chlorine in Tap Water and Quinine in Tonic Water, The Chemical Educator, 2014, 19, 175-181
- Andrew L. Swatek, Zheng Dong, John Shaw Jr and M. Rafiq Islam, Self-assembly of silver nanoparticles into dendritic flowers from aqueous solution. Journal of Experimental Nanoscience, Vol. 5, Nos. 1-2, January-April (2010), pp. 10-16.
- Andrew Schmitz, John Shaw, Himadri S. Chakraborty, and Uwe Thumm, Band-gap-confinement and image-state-recapture effects in the survival of anions scattered from metal surfaces, Physical Review A, 81, 042901 (2010)
Student Group Advisement
Other Professional Experiences
- Member of American Physical Society
- Member of American Association of Physics Teachers
- Member of Missouri Academy of Science
- Hobbies are cooking, woodworking and music