CIE Analytical Chemist
- Ph.D. Analytical and Environmental Chemistry; University of Strathclyde, 1996
- M.S. Applied Chemistry; University of Rajshahi, 1988
- B.S. Applied Chemistry; University of Rajshahi, 1986
- Research Scientist, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, and Environmental Sciences, Baylor University, Waco, Texas, USA, 2/1/2004 to 6/30/2009.
- EPA/NRC Research Associate, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), National Exposure Research Laboratory, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 10/25/2001 to 01/31/2004.
- KOSEF Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Pharmacy, Dongduk Women's University, Seoul, South Korea, 03/30/2000 to 06/13/2001.
- General Chemistry Laboratory 115
- Analytical and environmental chemistry associated with method development, characterization, analysis and tracking of;
- Occurrence, transport and fate of anthropogenic contaminants in aquatic ecosystem
- Biotransformation and bioavailability of persistent organic pollutants and nitroaromatics in aquatic organisms.
- Bioconcentration of pharmaceuticals and personal care products (PPCPs) and toxic chemicals in the different environmental compartments and aquatic lives.
- S. Bikram, M. A. Mottaleb, C. K. Chambliss, S. Usenko. Simultaneous analysis of select personal care products in fish tissue using pressurized liquid extraction combined with silica gel cleanup, J. Chromatogr. A, 2011 (In Press).
- M. A. Mottaleb, S. D. Sarker. Accelerated Solvent Extraction "in Natural Product Isolation, 3rd Edition, Chapter 5, Editor - S. D. Sarker and L. Nahar, Humana Press, Springer Science, New York 2011 (In Press).
- S. B. Quraishi, T. R. Choudhury, S. R. Khan, M. A. Mottaleb. Season - and year-wise distribution of trace metals and anions in lake water: Results from five years study of the Gulshan Lake water, Bangladesh. Maejo Int. J. Sci. Technol, 4(02), 337-346, 2010.
- A. J. Ramirez, R. A. Brain, S. Usenko, M. A. Mottaleb, J.G. O'Donnell, L. L. Stahl, J B. Wathen, B. D. Snyder, J. L. Pitt, P. P. Hurtado, L. L. Dobbins, B. W. Brooks, C. K. Chambliss. Occurrence of pharmaceuticals and personal care products (PPCPs) in fish tissues: Results of a national pilot study in the U.S. Environ. Toxicol. Chem. 28, 2587-2597, 2009.
- M. A. Mottaleb, S. Usenko, J.G. O'Dennell, J. Ramirez, B. W. Brooks, and C. K. Chambliss
- Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry for select UV filters, synthetic musks, alkylphenols, an antimicrobial agent and an insect repellent in fish. J. Chromatogr. A. 1216, 815-823, 2009.
- W.C. Brumley and M.A. Mottaleb. Partial characterization of biosolids: Hydrophilic organic components. Environ. Sci. AIJ, 4 (3), 108-113, 2009.
- M.A. Mottaleb, J.H. Zimmerman, and T.W. Moy. Biological transformation, kinetics and dose-response assessments of bound musk ketone hemoglobin adducts in rainbow trout as biomarkers of environmental exposure. J. Env. Sci. 20(7), 878-884, 2008.
- W. C. Brumley and M. A. Mottaleb. Congener-specific determination of polybrominated diphenyl ethers in biosolids by GC/HRSIRMS. Anal. Chem. AIJ. 7(8), 665-669, 2008.
- A. J. Ramirez, M. A. Mottaleb, B. W. Brooks, and C. K. Chambliss. Analysis of pharmaceuticals in fish using liquid-chromatography tandem mass spectrometry, Anal. Chem. 79, 3155-3163, 2007.
- M. A. Mottaleb, T. W. Moy and J. H Zimmerman. Biotransformation of musk xylene in trout blood: Dose-response and toxicokinetic studies of musk xylene metabolites in hemoglobin adducts by Gas chromatography mass spectrometry, Int. J. Env. Anal. Chem. 86(10), 743-756, 2006.
Other Professional Experiences
Journals editorial board members