Dec. 14, 2013
National championship travel, ticket options available for Bearcat football fans
Updated Dec. 20, 2013
Travel, ticket and celebration package information has been announced for Northwest Missouri State University fans attending the 2013 NCAA Division II Football National Championship Game Saturday, Dec. 21, in Florence, Ala.
Kickoff between the Northwest Bearcats and Lenoir-Rhyne Bears is at 11 a.m. CST at Braly Municipal Stadium. The game will be broadcast live on ESPN2. Complete game information and details about watching the broadcast will be available at www.northwestbearcats.com. If you can’t watch the game, you can catch the play-by-play action through the Bearcat Radio Network or the online internet webcasts.
For fans who cannot attend Saturday’s game, watch parties are being organized throughout the country by alumni and Northwest Alumni Association chapters. Fans are encouraged to check the Northwest website and the Northwest calendar as watch parties are being added daily.
Purchase game and event tickets
Tickets to the national championship game and postgame celebration are no longer available on the Northwest campus.
Remaining game tickets are available online at http://www.d2championship.com/ or at Braly Municipal Stadium on the day of the game. Northwest fans are encouraged to sit in the east stands, in sections H-N.
Postgame celebration tickets also may be purchased at the pregame tailgate Saturday morning.
Game tickets are $25, and postgame celebration tickets are $20.
All sales are final and must be paid with cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. Lost or stolen tickets will not be replaced.
In addition to Saturday’s championship game, the Northwest Alumni Association, is sponsoring pregame and postgame events for all Bearcat fans.
- A free tailgate party begins at 8 a.m., Saturday, Dec. 21, in the parking lot north of Braly Municipal Stadium. Complimentary coffee, hot chocolate and donuts (while supplies last) will be available to all Bearcat fans prior to the game. Souvenir rally towels will be handed out, and the Bearcat Marching Band and Northwest cheerleaders will perform.
- The postgame celebration begins immediately after the game at the Florence/Lauderdale Coliseum, 702 E. Veterans Dr., in Florence. The event will include a buffet catered by Whole Hog Express, trophy presentation and remarks from Bearcat coaches and players. The coliseum which will easily accommodate all Bearcat fans and is an alcohol-free environment. Tickets to the postgame celebration are $20 and attendees will receive a wristband to be admitted.
(Directions: From the visitors’ side of Braly Municipal Stadium, head south on Royal Avenue all the way to Veterans Drive. Take a right on Veterans Drive and go about 1/2 mile. The Florence/Lauderdale Coliseum is on the left side, 702 E. Veterans Drive.)
The Shoals National Championship Committee has arranged lodging on a first-come, first-served basis for fans attending the National Championship event. Check availability at these properties:
- Marriott Shoals Hotel and Spa in Florence, 256.246.3600
- Quality Inn in Florence, 256.740.0444
- America’s Best Value Inn & Suites in Muscle Shoals, 256.381.0236
- Days Inn in Muscle Shoals, 256.383.3000
- Super 8 in Killen, 256.757.2167
- Comfort Inn and Suites in Muscle Shoals, 256.248.0850
- Holiday Inn Express in Florence Northeast, 256.246.2200
- Cold Water Inn in Tuscumbia, 256.383.6844
- Hampton Inn & Suites in Florence, 256.767.8282
- Baymont Inn in Florence, 256.764.5326
- Hampton Inn Midtown in Florence, 256.764.8888
- City Lodge in Florence, 256.760.8888
- Comfort Suites in Florence, 256.246.2300
- Jameson Hotel in Sheffield, 256.381.4710
- Microtel Inn & Suites in Tuscumbia, 256.248.0055
- Economy Inn in Rogersville, 256.247.5416
- Joe Wheeler State Park in Rogersville, 256.247.5461
- Doublehead Resort in Town Creek, 256.685.9267
- Residence Inn in Florence, 256.764.9966
For additional information on lodging and camping locations, contact: Colbert County Convention and Tourism Bureau at 800.344.0783 or the Florence/Lauderdale Tourism Bureau at 888.356.8687.
Northwest Missouri State University official travel assistance is offered only as a convenience to its patrons. Northwest and its employees assume no responsibility for and cannot be held liable for any personal injury, property damage or other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of (1) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized acts or omissions on the part of any of the suppliers; (2) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized acts or omissions on the part of any employee of any of these suppliers; (3) any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, or instrument owned, operated or otherwise used by any of these suppliers; or (4) any wrongful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of any other party not under the supervision and control, direct or otherwise, of Northwest Missouri State University. Official Bearcat travel arrangements to the NCAA Division II National Championship Game for Bearcat fans and students are being handled by Northwest Missouri State University through Cruise Holidays.
For more information, please contact:
Mark Hornickel, Media Relations Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org | 660.562.1704 | Fax: 660.562.1900
Northwest Missouri State University
215 Administration Building | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468