Nov. 26, 2012
KXCV-KRNW continues weekly ‘Bearcat Coaches Show’
Updated Dec. 17, 2012
KXCV-KRNW, the flagship station for the Bearcat Radio Network, continues its “Bearcat Coaches Show,” airing live from 6 to 7 p.m. each Thursday from Carson’s Sports Grille, this week as Northwest Missouri State University athletics program transitions to its winter sports season.
Fans are invited to join KXCV-KRNW for the weekly show, which features coaches and student-athletes. A special question-answer session allows fans to talk directly with the coaches, and a segment titled “Meet Our Bearcat Student-Athletes” is a highlight each week. Fans also have chances to win prizes and giveaways.
Fans may attend the show in-person at Carson’s Sports Grille, 310 N. Main St. in Maryville, or listen to the program on the radio at 90.5 FM or 88.9 FM. Fans may also listen online at www.kxcv.org or www.northwestbearcats.com.
A tentative schedule of guests for the winter sports season appears below:
- Nov. 29: Charlie Flohr, Mark Kellogg, Ben McCollum, Amy Phelps
- Dec. 6: Mark Kellogg, Ben McCollum, Ashley Thayer
- Dec. 13: Mark Kellogg, Scott Lorek, track & field athlete
- Jan. 17: Mark Kellogg, Ben McCollum, Bryston Williams
- Jan. 24: Mark Kellogg, Ben McCollum, Dillon Starzl
- Feb. 7: Mark Kellogg, Ben McCollum, Alexis Boeh
- Feb. 14: Mark Kellogg, Ben McCollum, Mark Rosewell
- Feb. 21: Mark Kellogg, Ben McCollum, Darin Loe, baseball player
- Feb. 28: Mark Kellogg, Ben McCollum, Ryan Anderson, Jenna Creger
- March 7: Mark Kellogg, Pat McLaughlin, Wren Baker
KXCV (90.5), the award-winning National Public Radio affiliate based at Northwest, provides in-depth news and information with an alternative music format. In 1993, KRNW (88.9) went on the air in Chillicothe, extending programming across most of the northern 25 percent of Missouri. Since its inception, KXCV has served as a training ground for Northwest students interested in broadcasting. The dual mission of serving listeners and training students remains foremost in the KXCV-KRNW mission.
For more information, please contact:
Mark Hornickel, Media Relations Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org | 660.562.1704 | Fax: 660.562.1900
Northwest Missouri State University
215 Administration Building | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468