Aug. 31, 2012
KXCV-KRNW invites fans to weekly ‘Bearcat Coaches Show’
Updated Dec. 17, 2012
KXCV-KRNW, the flagship station for the Bearcat Radio Network, presents the “Bearcat Coaches Show,” airing live from 6 to 7 p.m. each Thursday from Carson’s Sports Grille, beginning Sept. 6.
Fans are invited to join KXCV-KRNW for the weekly show, which will feature coaches and student-athletes. A special question-answer session will allow fans to talk directly with the coaches, and a segment titled “Meet Our Bearcat Student-Athletes” will be a highlight each week. Fans also will have chances to win prizes and giveaways.
Rodney Harris, general manager of KXCV-KRNW, said the show will give Bearcat fans an opportunity to learn more about Northwest coaches and players while matching their names with their faces, academic endeavors and interests.
“It should be a good, fun, family atmosphere where fans will be able to learn more about Bearcat sports and our student-athletes,” Harris said.
This first week’s show will feature football coach Adam Dorrel and cross country coach Scott Lorek with quarterback Trevor Adams and wide receiver Tyler Shaw.
Fans may attend the show in-person at Carson’s Sports Grille, 310 N. Main St. in Maryville, or listen to the program on the radio at 90.5 FM or 88.9 FM. Fans may also listen online at www.kxcv.org or www.northwestbearcats.com.
A tentative schedule of guests for this fall’s shows appears below:
- Sept. 6: Adam Dorrel, Scott Lorek, Tyler Shaw, Trevor Adams
- Sept. 13: Adam Dorrel, Amy Phelps, Tori Beckman, Wren Baker
- Sept. 20: Adam Dorrel, Tracy Hoza, Kelsey Adams
- Sept. 27: Adam Dorrel, Mark Rosewell, Tracy Hoza, Alexis Bartek, Sergio De Vilchez
- Oct. 4: Adam Dorrel, Amy Phelps, Collin DeBuysere, DJ Gnader
- Oct. 11: Adam Dorrel, Pat McLaughlin, Cassie Lowell, Wren Baker
- Oct. 18: Adam Dorrel, Ben McCollum, Mark Kellogg, Scott Lorek
- Oct. 25: Adam Dorrel, Tracy Hoza, Amanda Bundrant, Nate DeJong
- Nov. 1: Adam Dorrel, Scott Lorek, Ryan Darling, Brittany Poole
- Nov. 8: Adam Dorrel, Amy Phelps, Brooke Bartosh
- Nov. 15: Adam Dorrel, Mark Kellogg, Ben McCollum, Wren Baker
- Nov. 29: Adam Dorrel, Mark Kellogg, Ben McCollum, Amy Phelps
- Dec. 6: Mark Kellogg, Ben McCollum, Ashley Thayer
- Dec. 13: Mark Kellogg, Scott Lorek, Ryan Anderson, Darin Loe, Porter Groves
- Jan. 17: Mark Kellogg, Ben McCollum, Bryston Williams
- Jan. 24: Mark Kellogg, Ben McCollum, Dillon Starzl
- Feb. 7: Mark Kellogg, Ben McCollum, Alexis Boeh
- Feb. 14: Mark Kellogg, Ben McCollum, Mark Rosewell
- Feb. 21: Mark Kellogg, Ben McCollum, Darin Loe, baseball player
- Feb. 28: Mark Kellogg, Ben McCollum, Ryan Anderson, Jenna Creger
- March 7: Mark Kellogg, Pat McLaughlin, Wren Baker
KXCV (90.5), the award-winning National Public Radio affiliate based at Northwest, provides in-depth news and information with an alternative music format. In 1993, KRNW (88.9) went on the air in Chillicothe, extending programming across most of the northern 25 percent of Missouri. Since its inception, KXCV has served as a training ground for Northwest students interested in broadcasting. The dual mission of serving listeners and training students remains foremost in the KXCV-KRNW mission.
For more information, please contact:
Mark Hornickel, Media Relations Specialist
email@example.com | 660.562.1704 | Fax: 660.562.1900
Northwest Missouri State University
215 Administration Building | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468