June 1, 2012
Student employees have two options for receiving their pay; action required by June 8
Northwest Missouri State University student employees now have two options for receiving their pay, by using direct deposit or a U.S. Bank AccelaPay® Card.
Effective immediately, paper checks will not be issued to student employees. Therefore, all student employees must complete a Payroll Enrollment Form and select one of the two options by Friday, June 8. (This June 8 deadline applies only to student employees who are working this summer.)
The Payroll Enrollment Form must be completed online. Upon completion of the form, student employees must print, sign and attach the appropriate documentation to the completed form before delivering it to the Payroll Office at Administration Building 102A. Handwritten forms will not be accepted. Please note: This does not apply to refunds.
For more information, contact the Payroll Office at 660.562.1108.
The following are descriptions and benefits of the two options.
Option 1: Direct Deposit
Funds are automatically deposited to a checking or savings account at the bank of choice
What is direct deposit?
Direct deposit allows pay to be automatically deposited in an existing checking or savings account at any bank. To enroll in direct deposit, official documentation must be provided to verify bank routing number and account number. Official documentation examples include a voided check or official correspondence from the bank that includes the routing number and account number. Please do not attach deposit slips because the routing number is not always correct.
What are the benefits of direct deposit?
- Funds are immediately available in the checking or savings account at the bank of choice
- Saves students the hassle of picking up their check
- No additional card to manage
- No more lost checks
- Eliminates a trip to the bank
- No more worrying about how to get a paycheck during breaks
Option 2: U.S. Bank AccelaPay Card
Funds automatically deposited to a U.S. Bank AccelaPay® Card
What is the AccelaPay® Card?
It is a MasterCard® prepaid debit card issued by U.S. Bank. Pay is automatically loaded to the card which can be used to make purchases anywhere MasterCard debit cards are accepted. To learn more about this option, download the AccelaPay® brochure .
What are the benefits of the AccelaPay® Card?
- Funds are immediately available
- No cost to enroll, no credit checks and no bank accounts necessary1
- No expensive check cashing fees or trips to the bank
- No fee to make a purchase, to get cash back with purchases or to check account balances using the automated customer care center or visiting www.accelapay.com
- Safer than cash; the card can be replaced if lost or stolen and funds are FDIC insured2
- Sign up to receive optional text or email alerts3
- Ability to check account balances and view transaction history from a smart phone using the free mobile app available at www.accelapay.com
For more information, please contact:
Mark Hornickel, Media Relations Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org | 660.562.1704 | Fax: 660.562.1900
Northwest Missouri State University
215 Administration Building | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468