March 26, 2012
Members of Phi Beta Lambda chapter place at state competition
Members of Northwest Missouri State University's Phi Beta Lambda chapter received top honors Friday, March 23, at the Missouri Phi Beta Lambda State Leadership Conference in Lake of the Ozarks.
Members placing in the top two qualified for the Phi Beta Lambda National Leadership Conference June 24-27 in San Antonio, Texas.
Qualifiers are listed below with their chapter position and contest placement; each student's school year, major(s) and hometown appears in parentheses.
- Terry Hill, vice president of recruitment and membership development: First place in help desk (freshman business technology major from St. Louis)
- Benjamin Throm, executive president: Second place in human resource management (junior majoring in business management, marketing and management information systems from Marysville, Kan.)
- Travis Oakes, executive vice president: Third place in job interview (senior business management major from Gladstone)
- Brianna Forbes, executive treasurer: Second place in business presentation (sophomore business management major from Lee's Summit)
- Ashley Koch, exec secretary: Second place in business presentation (junior business management major from Lee's Summit)
- Bruce DuVall, vice president of communications: Second place in business presentation (senior broadcasting major from Peculiar)
- Elizabeth Sheffer: First place in future business teacher (senior business education major from Kansas City, Mo.)
- Mason Munson: First place in cyber security and fourth place in computer concepts (sophomore computer science major from Chillicothe)
Phi Beta Lambda is a student academic organization that focuses on the development of business skills and networking in the workforce and the classroom. Dr. Deb Toomey, assistant professor of marketing and management, is the chapter's academic advisor.
For more information, please contact:
Mark Hornickel, Media Relations Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org | 660.562.1704 | Fax: 660.562.1900
Northwest Missouri State University
215 Administration Building | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468