Feb. 22, 2012
Northwest sororities, fraternities ready for Greek Week 2012
Northwest Missouri State University fraternities and sororities will go up against each other for some friendly competition while promoting their unity and spreading awareness during the University’s annual Greek Week.
Greek Week 2012 begins Monday, March 5, and ends with an awards assembly Monday, March 12. Students in each of Northwest’s Greek administrative council – Interfraternity Council, Panhellenic Council and the National Pan-Hellenic Council – will participate.
This year’s theme is “Greeks love the ’90s” and Greek organizations will be raising funds for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
The week’s schedule is as follows:
- Olympiad (5 p.m. Monday, March 5): Teams will compete in an obstacle course throughout campus.
- Jell-O Bash (5 p.m. Tuesday, March 6, Parking Lot 62, located west of College Park): Teams will compete in games using Jell-O.
- Rec Night (8 p.m. Wednesday, March 7, Lamkin Activity Center): Greek organizations will partner to compete in a tournament of elementary school games.
- Zeus and Hera (7 p.m. Thursday, March 8, Charles Johnson Theater): During the annual competition a member from each fraternity (Zeus) and sorority (Hera) perform talents and answers questions. A panel of judges selects the winners.
- Awards Ceremony (6:30 p.m. Monday, March 12, Ron Houston Center for the Performing Arts): The ceremony includes the crowning of Zeus and Hera, as well as announcements of the top three finishers in the overall competition and the Lifetime Achievement Award.
For more information about Greek Life at Northwest, visit http://www.nwmissouri.edu/greek/index.htm.
For more information, please contact:
Mark Hornickel, Media Relations Specialist
email@example.com | 660.562.1704 | Fax: 660.562.1900
Northwest Missouri State University
215 Administration Building | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468