April 14, 2010
10 high school students awarded Presidential Scholarships at Northwest Missouri State
MARYVILLE, Mo.- Ten high school students recently were awarded Presidential Scholarships during Northwest's Distinguished Scholar's Day.
Students visited the campus on Feb. 20 for the annual event, which helps prospective students learn about Northwest's honors program, meet other Distinguished Scholars and visit with faculty and current Northwest students.
More than 100 students competed for the Presidential Scholarships by submitting resumes and having them evaluated. The scholarship is a $5,000 scholarship that is renewable by maintaining a 3.5 Northwest cumulative GPA. Winners had ACT scores of 28 or above.
The winners, along with their hometowns and majors, are:
- Kassi Ward; Lovilia, Iowa, elementary education
- Ashton Vandivert; Bethany, Mo., undecided
- Jessica Kunkel; Lee's Summit, Mo; public relations
- Cameron Ramaekers; Papillion, Neb., interactive digital media: new media
- Meghan Boucher; Council Bluffs, Iowa; elementary education
- Marc Rosenbohm; Graham, Mo.
- Lindsey Hughes; House Springs, Mo.; wildlife, ecology & zoology
- Ashton Markt; Oregon, Mo.; art
- Matthew Willis; King City, Mo.; ag business
- Sara Frueh; Hopkins, Mo.; undecided
For more information, contact Kelly Smith, campus visit coordinator, at 660.562.1587 or email@example.com.
For more information, please contact:
Mark Hornickel, Media Relations Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org | 660.562.1704 | Fax: 660.562.1900
Northwest Missouri State University
215 Administration Building | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468