April 2, 2010
Student Senate announces service, quality award recipients
MARYVILLE, Mo. - Northwest's Student Senate will host the University's annual Tower Service/Commitment to Quality Awards banquet at 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 6, in the J.W. Jones Student Union Ballroom.
The Student Senate established the Tower Service Award in 1987 to honor individuals who demonstrate exceptional commitment to the University and its mission. Recipients are selected based on their continuing accomplishments and service to the Northwest community.
Established by the Student Senate in 1998, the Commitment to Quality Award was created in response to Northwest winning its first Missouri Quality Award in 1997. The award is given to individuals whose work has notably enhanced Northwest's Culture of Quality and the institutional philosophy of continuous process improvement.
The Tower Service Award and Commitment to Quality Award are two of the highest honors that Northwest can bestow on its students and employees.
Student Tower Service Award winners
- Cherece Milton, junior, broadcasting major, St. Louis
- Kathryn Pierce, senior, interactive digital media-new media major, Omaha, Neb.
- Stephen Dawson, senior, psychology major, Lincoln, Neb.
- Jeff Drake, senior, industrial psychology major, Maryville, Mo.
- Montoya Lucas, freshman, public relations major, Raytown, Mo.
- Kara Bergsten, senior, vocal music education major, Morganiville, Kan.
Faculty/staff Tower Service Award winners
- Sally Klaas, staff nurse/RN, Wellness Center
- Brad Landhuis, assistant director of student advisement
- Rose Viau, director of residential life
Tower Service Awards/Outstanding Advisors
- Dr. Virgil Freeman, assistant professor of educational leadership, College of Education and Human Services
- Allison Strong Hoffmann, instructor of marketing and management, Booth College of Business and Professional Studies
- Amanda Petefish-Schrag, assistant professor of theatre and artistic director, College of Arts and Sciences
Commitment to Quality Award (individuals)
- Jamie Webster, SIFE team (Students in Free Enterprise)
- Ryan Wessell, assistant professor of psychology, sociology and counseling
- Diane Hargrave, secretary, computer science and information systems
- Dr. Rafiq Islam, associate professor of chemistry and physics
Commitment to Quality Award (teams)
Northwest Online Museums Project Team
- Kim Todd, project team leader
- Jolaine Zweifel, staff team member
- Dr. Roger Von Holzen, staff team member
- Dr. Mary Ann Lowary, staff team member
- Dr. Jon Rickman, staff team member
- Darren Whitley, staff team member
- Kris Bakko, staff team member
- Cathy Palmer, staff team member
- Crystal Ward, staff team member
- Michael Mandrick, student team member
- Diane Cudworth, student team member
- Alice Foreman, student team member
- Jennifer Heishman, student team member
- Grant Howard, student team member
- Diraj Kumar Potlapally, student team member
- Sampath Kumar Kunta, student team member
- Clayton Scott, student team member
- Caleb Taylor, student team member
- Alisha Baker, student team member
- Kala Brooks, student team member
Department of Marketing/Management
- Lisa Bishop, instructor
- Benjamin Blackford, assistant professor
- Ann Clark, secretary
- Dr. Terry Coalter, associate professor
- Allison Strong Hoffmann, instructor
- Brenda Jones, instructor
- Cindy Kenkel, assistant professor
- Dr. Chi Lo Lim, associate professor/chair
- Dr. Janet Marta, associate professor
- Jeffrey Nickerson, instructor
- Doug Russell, instructor
- Deborah Toomey, instructor
- Dr. James Walker, associate professor
- Dr. Tekle Wanorie, assistant Professor
- Mr. Brett Ware, instructor
For more information, please contact:
Mark Hornickel, Media Relations Specialist
email@example.com | 660.562.1704 | Fax: 660.562.1900
Northwest Missouri State University
215 Administration Building | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468