Dr. Mary Shepherd
- Ph.D. Mathematics; Washington University in St. Louis, 1996
- M.A. Mathematics; Washington University in St. Louis, 1993
- Masters of Accountancy; University of Oklahoma, 1987
- Bachelor of Music; Missouri State University, 1976
- Math Skills
- College Algebra
- Calculus 1 and 2
- Multivariate Calculus
- Probability & Statistics
- College Geometry
- Logic of the Exact Sciences
- Introduction to Abstract Algebra
- Non-Euclidean Geometry
- Reading mathematics
- Shepherd, Mary D., (2005) “Encouraging Students to Read Mathematics”, PRIMUS, 15(2), 124-144.
- Shepherd, Mary D.; Selden, Annie; Selden, John, (2012): “University Students‘ Reading of Their First-Year Mathematics Textbooks,” Mathematical Thinking and Learning, 14:3, 226-256.
- Shepherd, Mary D.; van de Sande, Carla C.; (2014) “Reading Mathematics for Understanding—From Novice to Expert ,” Journal of Mathematical Behavior, 35, 74-86.
- Shepherd, Mary D.; “Symmetry Patterns in Cross-Stitch”, book chapter in Making Mathematics with Needlework. 2008. A. K. Peters, Wellesley, MA.
- Shepherd, Mary D., belcastro, sarah-marie; Yackel, Carolyn; “Group Actions in Cross-Stitch”, book chapter in Crafting by Concepts. 2011. A. K. Peters, Wellesley, MA.
- Numerous presentations
Student Group Advisement
Other Professional Experiences
- Member: MAA, AMS, AWM, SIGMAA- RUME, SIGMAA-ARTS
- Past chair of Missouri Section of MAA
- Member of Audit Committee and Committee on Teaching Undergraduate Mathematics of MAA