Dr. Cheryl Malm
- Ph.D. Curriculum and Instruction (Mathematics Education), University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1994
- MAT Math, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1989
- MM Musicology, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1979
- BA Music Education, Midland Lutheran College, 1977
- 17-171 Fundamentals of Mathematics
- 17-371 Algebra and Geometry for Elementary and Middle School Teachers
- 17-471 Mathematical Methods for Elementary Teachers
- 17-582 Mathematical Methods for Middle School Teachers
- 17-473 Advanced Topics for Middle School Teacher
- Various general education mathematics courses
- Inquiry-based teaching strategies
- Integrating mathematics and science (targeted connections)
- Competency-based educator preparation
- Malm, C., Benson, C. & Wall, J. The Distributive Property in Third Grade (working title) [Paper #11-06-093-3BR], Accepted for publication in Teaching Children Mathematics. Proposed publication Fall 2012
- Malm, C. & Benson, C. (2011). Bring the Pythagorean Theorem "Full Circle". Mathematics Teaching in the Middle School, 16(6), 336-344.
- Rhea, M., Lucido, P., and Malm, C. (Fall 2005) Using process and inquiry to teach content: projectile motion and graphing” Science Activities. 42 (3) 10-15.
- Lucido, Patricia, Malm, Cheryl Gregerson and McCall, Carolyn (Fall, 2000). Into the pumpkin patch: Connections across the curriculum. The Missouri Reader, 25 (1), 25-29.
- Malm, C., & Lucido, P. Targeted Connections: Jumping into Science with a Parachute. Presented at the National Science Teachers Association Annual Conference March 20-April 1, 2012, Indianapolis, IN.
- Malm, C., & Lucido, P. (2011, April 13). (04). (2011). Targeted Connections: Making the Drop – Parachutes and Mathematical Modeling. Presented at the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Annual Conference April 25 - 28, 2012, Philadelphia, PA.
- Malm, C., & Lucido, P. Reading Graphs and Interpreting Slope. Presented at the Colloquium on P-12 STEM Education Research, University of Minnesota. August, 2011, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Malm, C., & Lucido, P. Generating Interest with Wind Energy. Presented at the National Science Teachers Association Annual Conference. March 10-13, 2011, San Francisco, CA.
- Malm, C., & Lucido, P. (2011, April 13). (04). (2011). Targeted Connections: Thinking Proportionally—the Context Is the Key. Presented at the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Annual Conference April 13-16, 2011, Indianapolis, IN.
- Malm, Cheryl and Benson, Christine. Bringing Connections to the Pythagorean Theorem “Full Circle”. Presentation at the NCTM Annual Convention, National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, San Diego, CA. April 22-24, 2010.
- Malm, Cheryl and Lucido, Patricia. Stem-and-Leaf Plots: It’s Not a Botany Activity! Presentation at the NCTM Annual Convention, National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, San Diego, CA. April 22-24, 2010
Other Professional Experiences
- Assistant Director of Teacher Education, Northwest Missouri State University
- CAEP Board of Examiners, Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation
- Governor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching. Awarded December, 1998
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Missouri Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Northwest Missouri Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators
- Mathematics Association of America
- Missouri Mathematics Association for the Advancement of Teacher Training (MAT)2