What Do We Learn From Our Graduates?
Surveys targeting previous graduating classes are performed one year after the classes graduated. The response rates is generally approximately 70%. The following conclusions are drawn from these surveys:
- Nearly 100% of Missouri Academy graduates go on to 4-year baccalaureate degree programs
- 85% are pursuing baccalaureate degrees in science, mathematics, engineering, or technology (STEM) fields
- 67% are matriculating at Missouri institutions. This is due to the attractive scholarships offered by in-state institutions.
- They are academically successful (their average GPA was 3.50)
- Greater than 93% acknowledge that their preparation at Northwest was strong/rigorous
- 92% say Northwest professors are as good (in teaching) as professors where the students matriculated after leaving Northwest
- 86% of the graduates responding to this survey report that they became college juniors or seniors one-year after graduating from the Missouri Academy