For Domestic Non-Missouri Residents
There are four categories of costs associated with a student enrolled at the Missouri Academy.
All fees and costs are based on the prices for the 2014-2015 academic year. These prices may change for the 2015-2016 academic year by about 2-3%. If there are changes, they will be announced in May 2015.
Tuition and Fees:
- Domestic non-Missouri residents will pay the in-state tuition rate of $271.85 per credit for the 2014-2015 academic year, resulting in an estimated total of $9,923/year for 36.5 credit hours.
- All students are also assessed a Missouri Academy Program fee at the rate of $6 per credit hour - that will be about $219 for the first year.
- The room rate for the 2014-2015 academic year is estimated at $5,504 for the year for double-occupancy.
- Domestic non-Missouri residents receive partial scholarships based on demonstrated financial need ("Need" information is based on FAFSA). Families must file the FAFSA form by April 1 each year to qualify for room scholarships on a sliding scale. FAFSA website address: www.fafsa.ed.gov -- Reporting code: 002496 (Northwest Missouri State University).
Board (Food) Costs:
- The board (food) rate for the 2014-2015 academic year is $3,790 for the year for the Silver (Base) meal plan. There are two other meal plans: the Gold and Platinum (both more expensive). Please refer to the website http://www.campusdish.com/en-US/CSMW/NorthwestMissouri/ for a more detailed description of the meal plans and the campus dining experience.
Miscellaneous Expenses/Incidental Costs:
Figures are estimates and subject to change.
|Shuttle Charges -- One-way or Two
||$60 per shuttle
|Northwest Bookstore -- Pens, pencils, paper, etc.
|Printouts, photocopies, faxes -- as needed
||$90 ($10 x 9 months)
|Telephone, long distance -- as needed
||$90 ($10 x 9 months)
|Laundry -- Machines in North Complex
|Student Club/Wings -- Zoo trips, Opera tickets, T-shirts etc.
||$75 per year
|Personal items, toiletries, laundry soap, movies, eating out, etc.
||$270 ($30 x 9 months)
|Missouri Academy Yearbook (optional)
||$65 per year
|Missouri Academy Prom (optional)
||$40 + dress/tux, flowers, etc.
|Graduation announcements, senior rings (optional)
||$200 (varies greatly! -- 2nd year only)
|Approximate Total (per year):
||$1,700 - $2,200