View Sample Paper
Submit your paper by email attachment (MS Word or rich text format) to Frank Baudino at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1, 2016. After July 1, 2016, late papers will NOT be accepted for publication except for emergencies beyond your control. Submit only original, unpublished work.
- Minimum of 2,000 words/4,000 maximum. (Word count includes: figures and tables; it does not include abstract or references.)
- Use 1-inch margins.
- Single space paragraphs (no indentation) with one space between sentences.
- Double space between paragraphs.
- Follow MLA style (7th edition) examples on the B.D. Owens Library website, with two exceptions:
- single space the entries
In-text citations (attribute both paraphrased and directly quoted material)
Works Cited examples
- Add a URL to all web page citations (articles, eBooks, and documents from online subscription databases are treated differently).
Schuessler, Jennifer. "Library of Congress Begins Posting Its Recorded Poetry Archive." nytimes.com. The New York Times, 19 Apr. 2015. Web. 1 May 2015.
- Do not use "I" or "we."
- For example, refer to yourself as "the author" (or "the authors").
- Format the title of your paper following the example in the sample paper. Divide the paper into sections that reflect your content (e.g., introduction, review of literature, findings, conclusions—your
sections can be unique).
- Section headings: center and bold.
- Section subheadings: center, bold, and italicize.
- A review of literature (can be brief) must be included.
- When needed, use black and white tables and/or graphics (no appendices, please). Label graphics and tables following the examples in, you guessed it, the sample paper.
Thank you for following these guidelines.