- Master of Fine Arts in creative writing, Minnesota State University
- Bachelor of Science in English, Iowa State University
- Bachelor of Science in computer science, Iowa State University
- Eng 110 Introduction to college writing
- Eng 111 Composition
- Eng 112 Composition II
- Eng 210 Introduction to creative writing
- Eng 220 Introduction to literature
- Creative writing
- Short fiction
- Contemporary literature
- Technology in the classroom
- "Three Months." (Fiction) Georgetown Review [Georgetown College]. Forthcoming, Fall 2011.
- "Bugs." (Fiction) Permafrost [University of Alaska]. Forthcoming, Spring 2011.
- "The Fish on the Lake's Floor." (Fiction) Bat City Review [University of Texas]. Fall, 2010.
- "Palestine Boy." (Fiction)Water-Stone Review [Hamline University]. Fall 2010. Nominated for Best New American Voices Anthology.
- "Honey-bears." (Fiction) Connecticut Review [Connecticut State University System]. Fall 2010.
- "Horse." (Fiction) The MacGuffin [Schoolcraft College]. Spring 2010.
Student Group Advisement
- Northwest Missouri State Writing Center (Fall 08-Spring 09)
Other Professional Experiences
- Fiction editor/webmaster of The Laurel Review
- Organizing committee of Northwest Missouri State's Visiting Writers Series
- Webmaster of Northwest Missouri State's English Department