- Ph.D. Literary Studies (University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee)
- M.A. Literary Studies (University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee)
- M.A. Education (Reading Specialty) Cardinal Stritch University
- B.A. English (University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee)
- American Literature to 1865
- American Literature special topics courses
- Ethics of Fiction
- Victorian Women's fiction
- Introduction to Literature
- English 111 Academic Literacies
- English 112 Writing with Engagement
- American Romantics, especially Emily Dickinson & Walt Whitman
- Victorian Women Writers
- "Passionate Reticence: Emily Dickinson & Brontë's Lucy Snowe" at the Emily Dickinson International Society Conference in Oxford, England, August, 2010
- "The Back Story: The Christian Narrative & Modernism in Emily Dickinson's Poems" The Emily Dickinson Journal. 27.2 (2008). Print.
- "God's Place in Dickinson's Ecology." Blackwell Companion to Emily Dickinson. Ed. Mary Loeffleholz and Martha Nell Smith. Malden, MA: Blackwell, 2008. Print.
- "The American Romantics and Religion in the Present Tense." Midwest Quarterly. 47. 4 (Summer 2006). 350-61. Print.
- "Finding Herself Alone: Dickinson, Victorian Women Writers, and the Female Subject." Romanticism on the Net. August 2005. Web.
- "Reloading that Gun: Reading an Old Poem As If It Matters" The Hudson Review. 57.4 (Winter 2005). 537-49.