Francisco "Paco" Martinez
- M.A. English with emphasis in Speech; Northwest Missouri State University
- Diploma C.O.T.E; University of Cambridge/UG, 1998
- B.Sc. Tourism Business Management emphasis on Hotels, Restaurants and Bars; San Luis Potosi - Mexico, 1988
- Basic Spanish I
- Intermediate Spanish I & II
- Advanced Spanish I & II
- Ind. Study (translation and Latin American
- literature) / Hispanic Films
- Teaching Spanish in Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Level
- Teaching Languages Senior Seminar, Practicum and Independent Study courses in Spanish
- Modern Languages Team Leader
Other Professional Experiences
- Chairperson; Foreign Language Department, Colegio La Salle de Leon, 2001
- Academic Coordinator; Academic Coordination, Institute of Angloamericano Leon, 2001
- Speaker/Representative, Academic/Promotions, Richmond Publishing, 1996
- Chair/ESL Teacher, ESL Department, Institute Real de San Luis, 1994
- Academic Coordinator, Academic Coordination, Asesores Profesionales en Ingles, 1991
- Chair/ESL Teacher, Academic Coordination, Harmon Hall A.C., SLP, 1089
- Translator since 1989 for different private and public institutions in San Luis Potosi, San Luis Potosí, and León, Guanajuato Mexico
- Restaurant Manager / Food Concession Manager in San Luis Potosí, SLP; Mexico, 1989
I'm concerned about the well-being of domestic animals, as well as farm and wild animals. I volunteer at the shelter in town and do other activities to bring awareness and education about responsible ownership of pets in the community. I love pit bulls, especially for their persistence & determination. I love to listen to international music and dancing with my wife every time we can.
I love reading but I'm not creative at writing. I prefer to do my work outside, than spending much time in front of the computer. Computers are door tools, but they don't rule my life.
My favorite sport is Soccer, but I don't play much these days. I love travelling and learning about different cultures. My international friend from FIS is Bedh from Nepal and he's very cool. I love cooking, but eating in moderation. No more cholesterol for me.