- M.A., English, Northwest Missouri State University
- M.A., Slavic Languages and Literature, University of Kansas
- M.A., Soviet and East European Affairs, University of Kansas
- B.A., Slavic Languages and Literature, University of Kansas
- Eng 110 Introduction to College Writing
- Eng 111 Composition: Academic Literacies
- Eng 112 Composition: Writing as Engagement
- Eng 210 Introduction to Creative Writing
- Eng 220 Introduction to Literature
- Eng 224 Multi-ethnic Literature of the United States
- Writing and language theory; pedagogy; Russian and American literature of the 19th century.
- Graham, Otis L., ed. Soviet-American Dialogue on the New Deal. Soviet-American Dialogues on United States History. 1. Columbia: Univ. of MO Press, 1989.
- "Shostakovich and His Times." Baltimore Opera 2002-2003 Opera Companion and Study Guide. James Harp, ed. 2002: 30-32.
- "On Terms: Russians are Soviets, But Soviets Aren't Always Russians." (Co-authored with Richard W. Couch.) Behavior Analysis and Social Action. 5.1-2 (1986): 44.
- "From Personal Narrative to Personal Essay by Means of a Four-step Process," presented at the 2010 Association of Writers and Writing Programs Annual Conference, Denver, April 9, 2010, and selected for publication in The Best of the AWP Pedagogy Papers 2010 by The Association of Writers and Writing Programs.
- Random Thoughts from a Simpler Perspective, radio essays broadcast on KXCV/KRNW, Maryville, MO, Sep. 2000 - Sep. 2001.
- "Bare and Barren: A Self-Portrait," presented at the first bi-annual Women Teachers Who Write conference sponsored by the A Room of Her Own Foundation, February 2011, Wallingsford, PA.
- Claire's Story, a novel-in-progress (scheduled completion date: October 1, 2011).
Other Professional Experiences
- Association of Writers & Writing Programs, 2000 - present.
- Sigma Tau Delta, International English Honor Society, Epsilon Gamma Chapter, Northwest Missouri State University, 2005 - present.
- Conference on College Composition and Communication, 2008 - present.
- National Council of Teachers of English, 2008 - present.
Residencies and Fellowships (competitive)
- Writers Colony at Dairy Hollow. Eureka Springs, AR. Feb.-Mar. 2002; July 2008; July 2009; July 2010; June 2010.
- Norcroft: A Writing Retreat for Women. Lutsen, MN. Sep. 2004.
- Ragdale Foundation. Lake Forest, IL. Apr. 2004 & Feb. 2000 (Feb. 2000 residency funded by a National Endowment for the Arts/Ragdale Fellowship).