- Ph.D., English Language and Literature, University of Tulsa
- M.A., English, Texas State University at San Marcos
- B.A., English, St. Edward's University
- English 463: Advanced American Literature: "American Empire-Builders"
- English 325: Special Topics: "Studies in Film History"
- English 315: Technical Writing
- English 234: American Literature: 1865-present
- English 220: Introduction to Literature, Standard and Honors sections
- English 112: Composition II (Writing as Engagement)
- English 111: Composition I (Academic Literacies)
- Nineteenth- and Twentieth-Century American Literature and Culture
- American Regionalism
- American Social Realism and Literary Naturalism
- Film Studies and History
- "Real-Life Legends and Reluctant Revolutionaries: Stephen Harrigan's The Gates of the Alamo."
- Southwestern American Literature 36.1 (Fall 2010): 33-50.
- "Love, as Summer Goes." New Texas: A Journal of Literature and Culture. Vol. 14 (2007).
Recent Conference Presentations
- "Constructing Grace: Irish Identity in Maria Edgeworth's The Absentee." South-Central Modern
- Language Association Conference: Hot Springs, AR; October, 2011.
- "‘The Blessings-of-Civilization Trust:' Tripartite Imperialism in Paul Theroux's The Mosquito Coast."
- The Louisville Conference on Literature and Culture since 1900: Louisville, KY; February 2011.
- "Texas, Topophilia, and John Graves' Hard Scrabble." Southwest Texas Popular and American
- Culture Association Conference: Albuquerque, NM; February 2009.
Student Group Advisement
- Co-sponsor, Alpha Chi Honor Society
Other Professional Experiences
Membership in Professional Organizations
- Modern Language Association
- South-Central Modern Language Association
- Northeast Modern Language Association
- International Theodore Dreiser Society
- Southwest Texas Popular Culture/American Culture Association
- Sigma Tau Delta, National English Honor Society
- Assistant Editor, The Laurel Review
- Advisory Reader: College Literature