Teaching Grant Information
2013-2014 Teaching Grant Application
Grants Awarded by Northwest-Kansas City
- All teachers or administrators employed in Missouri or Kansas schools may apply for teaching grants of amounts up to $500.
- Grants will fund projects that are not already provided for in site and district budgets.
- Teaching grants cannot fund teacher compensation.
- When creating a budget, research carefully and be realistic. Small grants are just as likely to be awarded as large grants, and partial funding will also be considered. A line item budget request will be required.
- Objectives and outcomes of the project should be consistent with state, district, and/or site goals. The goals should be clearly stated and the linkage between the grant and the goals should be clearly identified.
- Projects awarded grant funds must be completed between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014.
- Grant winners may be asked to give verbal and/or visual presentations of their projects at future meetings or events, to talk with the media, and to have their photograph taken for Northwest Missouri State University publications in print and online. Additionally, grant winners will be asked to provide photographs of their students engaged in the project being funded by the grant.
- Winners of grants must provide Dr. Terry Barmann a mid-project progress report and photograph of project implementation, via email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Obtain a grant application at www.nwmissouri.edu/kc
- Complete the application cover page and answer the application questions.
- This application requires the approval and signature of your principal/administrator on the cover page.
- Complete and return your grant application by 5 p.m. on May 17, 2013 to Northwest-Kansas City, Dr. Terrence Barmann, 2601 NE Barry Rd., CB-111, Kansas City, MO 64156. Application can also be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 816.437.3439.
Criteria for Selection
- Project shows innovation and will provide enhanced learning opportunities for students.
- The project need is identified and tied to site, district, or state goals.
- Goals and instructional plans are clearly outlined.
- Timeline for implementation and completion is clearly outlined.
- The number and description of students who will benefit is included.
- Potential exists for replication/sharing with others.
- Budgets are clear, realistic, and not a duplication of existing resources.
May 17, 2013: Grant application is DUE.
June 2013: Grant winners are notified.
August 2013: 2013-2014 winners will receive their funds.
TBD by Grant Winner: Mid-Project progress report is DUE
TBD by Grant Winner: Project completed
Check out the Application here
Applications due Friday, May 17, 2013 by 5:00 p.m.
Submit completed application to:
Dr. Terrence Barmann
Director, Northwest-Kansas City
2601 NE Barry Rd., CB-111
Kansas City, MO 64156