Online E-Learning Healthcare Courses
Northwest Missouri State University announces the availability of new online e-learning healthcare courses from Health Ed Today/Condensed Curriculum International, Incorporated!
These courses are highly interactive and provide students with an enriched learning experience. Each course includes:
- 24 hour a day instructor support & course mentors
- engaging labs, student exercises and course videos
- all textbooks, workbooks and student materials
- a new Secure Student Website; including career resources & other training
- certain programs include clinical externships!
The following courses are available anytime!
- Pharmacy Technician / Student Tuition: $1,299
- This comprehensive course will prepare students to enter the pharmacy field and take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board PTCB exam. Course content includes pharmacy medical terminology, pharmacy calculations, reading and interpreting prescriptions, defining generic and brand names drugs and much, much more! Program also includes an optional clinical externship at a local healthcare provider!
- Clinical Medical Assistant / Student Tuition: $2,499
- This program prepares students to assist physicians by performing functions related to the clinical aspects of a medical office. Instruction includes preparing patients for examination and treatment, routine laboratory procedures, pharmacology, taking and documenting vital signs, technical aspects of phlebotomy, the 12-lead EKG and the cardiac life cycle. Program also includes an optional clinical externship at a local healthcare provider!
- Dental Assisting / Student Tuition: $1,299
- This course prepares students for entry level positions as a chair side dental assistant. This course covers the history of dentistry, introduction to the dental office, the legal aspects of dentistry, oral anatomy, dental operatory, tooth structures, primary and permanent teeth, the oral cavity, and other areas. Program also includes an optional clinical externship at a local healthcare provider!
- Medical Billing & Coding / Student Tuition: $1,399
- This billing and coding course offers the skills needed to perform complex coding and billing procedures. The course covers CPT (Introduction, Guidelines, Evaluation, and Management), specialty fields (such as surgery, radiology, and laboratory), ICD-9 (Introduction and Guidelines), and basic claims processes for insurance reimbursements.
- Medical Coding ICD-10 / Student Tuition: $999
- Effective October 13, 2013, the U.S. healthcare system is working to move from ICD-9 to ICD-10 for service coding purposes. Program includes a detailed review of both ICD-10 (diagnostic coding) and ICD-10-PCS (inpatient procedural coding); differences between ICD-9 and ICD-10; federal regulation; hands on exercises and case studies; and much more!
- EKG Technician / Student Tuition: $1,299
- This EKG Technician Program prepares students to perform EKG's. This course will include information on anatomy and physiology of the heart, medical disease processes, medical terminology, medical ethics, legal aspects of patient contact, electrocardiography, and stress testing. A highly interactive course!
- Electronic Health Records Management / Student Tuition: $1,299
- This Electronic Health Record (EH R) Management program prepares students to understand and use electronic records in a medical practice. Course reviews the implementation and management of electronic health information using common electronic data interchange systems and maintaining the medical, legal, accreditation and regulatory requirements of the electronic health record.
- Phlebotomy Technician / Student Tuition: $1,299
- This course prepares students to collect blood specimens from clients for the purpose of laboratory analysis. Students will review blood collection, the skills needed to perform venipunctures and other collection techniques. This course also includes terminology, blood collection procedures, order of draw and other topics. Program also includes an optional clinical externship at a local healthcare provider!
- Medical Administrative Assistant / Student Tuition: $1,299
- This course covers information on the medical assisting profession, interpersonal skills, medical ethics and law, medical terminology, basics of insurance billing and coding, telephone techniques, scheduling appointments, medical records management and management of practice finances. A great course for physicians medical office professionals!
- Dialysis Technician / Student Tuition: $1,299
- This Dialysis Technician Program provides students with the knowledge needed to perform the responsibilities of a Dialysis Technician. It reviews normal kidney physiology, the basic principles of hemodialysis, kidney dialysis machines, dialyzer preparation and reprocessing as well as how to assist dialysis patients in managing their disease and treatment.
- Medical Terminology / Student Tuition: $499
This course is a guide to identifying and understanding the basic word structure, root words, suffixes, and prefixes, the organization of the human body and the associated systems, medical abbreviations, symbols and common medical terms.
- ECG / EKG Course for Nurses / Student Tuition: $699
- This course is a valuable resource for learning the fundamentals of reading and interpreting ECGs. Course information includes: cardiac anatomy and physiology, electrical basis of ECGs, sinus dysrhythmias, and much more.
Note: ask Health Ed Today about national or state certification and clinical externship opportunities through these courses!
To ensure that all students have the resources they need to succeed, students will have access to a secure Student Portal website which includes:
- Career building exercises, resume writing tips, interview techniques, etc..
- Career mentors - there to help students take the next step in their career!
- Other skills training including lifelong learning skills, healthcare review, etc.
Visit Health Ed Today online at http://www.healthedtoday.com/nwmissouri to experience a Course Demo and to learn more about these exciting new programs!
For registration information, please contact us at 816-604-3171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional course information call toll free 1-888-574-6218.
The Health Ed Today courses were developed through a partnership with leading education organizations including Pearson Education, E-College and Condensed Curriculum International.