International Student Teaching Process
Once a student has decided to participate in an International Student Teaching Program through UNI, these are the steps that he/she must follow:
- Obtain an "International Intent Form" form from the Educational Leadership office (BH 200), or click here »
- Complete the form and submit it to the Educational Leadership Office at least two semesters prior to student teaching. Your intent form will be revised and you will be notified of the interview status with the International Student Teaching Team (ISTT).
- After interviewing with the International Student Teaching Team (ISTT), you will be either asked to seek another placement option, or be asked to meet with an individual in the Department of Professional Education to start the application process for International Student Teaching through UNI and Northwest Student Teaching program.
- If accepted, you will need to schedule a meeting with Jeaneth Puriel at the Study Abroad Office (2nd Floor of the Student Union). You will obtain the Study Abroad Forms for Student Teachers, and additional information regarding the International Student Teaching processes and orientations.
- Submit applications by the dates discussed (failure to do so will jeopardize placement). Northwest is not responsible if UNI application is not submitted on-time.
For more information, please contact
Back to International Student Teaching