This website is best viewed in a browser that supports web standards.
Skip to content or, if you would rather, Skip to navigation.
The Missouri Greece program is a wonderful educational and cultural experience, offering to students the opportunity to study in Greece through a semester-long curriculum combining regular classes, field trips, and independent studies. The Program is open for credit to students from any university, provided they have a minimum GPA of 2.5. Students can register for up to 15 credit hours of courses on various subjects in nearly every major. Students take classes and receive transfer credit from The American College of Greece-DEREE located on a breathaking hillside at the edge of Athens. ACG has a 90% Greek student body which contributes to a full cultural immersion experience with many opportunities to learn about the Greek culture. DEREE offers clubs and organizations that students can join as well as three excursions to archaeological and cultural sites that are included in the program fee.
Language of instruction is English with exception of language courses
MO-Greece program fee: €8145 includes:
Housing is located about two blocks away from campus. There are two and three bedroom apartments with fully furnished kitchens, full bathrooms, and balconies. Bedrooms are furnished with a single bed, side table, and closet space. Complimentary laundry facilities are on site.
How do I apply?
This program is open to students from any university provided they have a minimum 2.5 GPA.
Missouri-Greece member campuses include:
University of Missouri-St. Louis
University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Central Missouri
Truman State University
Missouri Southern State University
Northwest Missouri State University
Southeast Missouri State University
Missouri University of Science & Technology
Students from these campuses should apply through their home campus.
1. Missouri Greece Program Application Form (must be signed in ink)
2. ACG Program Application (apply online through ACG) Once at the site, please choose "Study Abroad Application". Submit this form online.
3. One faculty recommendation form completed by a professor. The form must be printed and submitted along with other application materials to Northwest Missouri State University Study Abroad Office
4. Official transcript sent directly to the Study Abroad Office from the Registrar’s Office
5. Copy of identification page of passport
6. A personal statement supporting your reasons for wishing to study in Greece, what you hope to gain from the experience, and how it will complement your educational and personal goals.
Deadline, October 1. All documents submitted to Northwest Missouri State University Study Abroad Office.