The Missouri Greece program is a wonderful educational and cultural experience, offering to students the opportunity to study in Greece through a semester-long curriculum combining regular classes, field trips, and independent studies. The Program is open for credit to students from any university, provided they have a minimum GPA of 2.5. Students can register for up to 15 credit hours of courses on various subjects in nearly every major. Students take classes and receive transfer credit from The American College of Greece-DEREE located on a breathaking hillside at the edge of Athens. ACG has a 90% Greek student body which contributes to a full cultural immersion experience with many opportunities to learn about the Greek culture. DEREE offers clubs and organizations that students can join as well as three excursions to archaeological and cultural sites that are included in the program fee.
- Location: Athens, Greece
- Dates: Spring semester ONLY (January 7 - May 3, 2014)
Spring 2014 More Information
Areas of Study
- Art History
- Art Studio
- Classical literature
- Computer science
- Environmental studies
- Greek language
- Political science
- Physical Education
- 2.5 GPA required
- Full time enrollment required 12 - 15 credits
- Students are required to attend all classes, field trips and required orientations
- First day of classes-Monday, January 14
- Last day of classes-Tuesday, April 16
- Final exams end-Tuesday, April 23
Language of instruction is English with exception of language courses
MO-Greece program fee: €8035 includes:
- Up to 15 credit hours
- Student housing (double occupancy bedroom in residence apartment. Apartment is fully furnished and features onsite residence assistant, laundry facilities and 24/7 fitness center.
- Visa assistance
- Breakfast and snack foods in apartments upon arrival.
- Transportation to and from the Athens airport. (during arrival and departure days)
- Welcome reception and guide.
- Use of facilities, including computer lab, student lounge, library, and athletic facilities.
- Access to the onsite doctor and nurse for non-emergency health issues.
- Three excursions to archaeological and cultural sites.
- Complimentary cultural activities such as Greek dancing and Greek cooking classes.
- Official ACG student identification card.
- Official transcript sent to home institution for each participating student.
- Program fee will be paid in euro. Students are responsible for any fluctuation in exchange rate.
- NW administrative fee: $125
- Meals and personal expenses
- NW insurance $36 per month.
Housing is located about two blocks away from campus. There are two and three bedroom apartments with fully furnished kitchens, full bathrooms, and balconies. Bedrooms are furnished with a single bed, side table, and closet space. Complimentary laundry facilities are on site.
How do I apply?
This program is open to students from any university provided they have a minimum 2.5 GPA.
Missouri-Greece member campuses include:
University of Missouri-St. Louis
University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Central Missouri
Truman State University
Missouri Southern State University
Northwest Missouri State University
Southeast Missouri State University
Missouri University of Science & Technology
Students from these campuses should apply through their home campus.
- Missouri Greece Program Application Form (must be signed in ink)
2. ACG Program Application (apply online through ACG) Once at the site, please choose "Study Abroad Application". Submit this form online.
3. One faculty recommendation form completed by a professor. The form must be printed and submitted along with other application materials to the Study Abroad Office.
4. Official transcript sent directly to the Study Abroad Office from the Registrar’s Office
5. Copy of identification page of passport
6. A personal statement supporting your reasons for wishing to study in Greece, what you hope to gain from the experience, and how it will complement your educational and personal goals.
Deadline, October 1. All documents submitted to Northwest Missouri State University Study Abroad Office.