Annual Study Abroad Photo Essay Contest
The Study Abroad Office will be hosting a photo and essay contest for all students that have previously went abroad through a Northwest Study Abroad Program. Entrants must be current Northwest students and must have participated in a program sponsored by the NW Study Abroad Office.
- Photos must be from a Northwest sponsored study abroad program and can be of you, a group, sceneries, or any other moment abroad worth capturing. Photos should be suitable for a wide audience- no nudity or vulgar gestures.
- A short essay (at least 400 words) about your favorite aspect, story, or experience abroad should accompany the photo. These essays will be read and reviewed by Northwest faculty, staff, and students.
- Include a caption list for the photos indicating where they were taken. Please indicate which photo you want tied to your essay.
- Submissions must be received at the Study Abroad Office by October 31 at 5 p.m.
Digital Photo Submission Instructions
- Login to E-companion site
- Underneath University Offices Term click "NW Study Abroad Photo Essay Contest"
- Click on the drop box on the top tool bar, then click "Submit Assignment"
- Select the "Photo Essay" basket from the drop down menu
- Then click "Add Attachment" and upload your photo and essay, click "OK"
- In the comments box please indicate your program, location, and what semester you went abroad
- Click "Submit"
Conventional Photos (film) Submission Instructions
- Place your photo (8X10), essay, and caption list in an envelope and drop them by or mail them to the Study Abroad Office. Any materials mailed or drop by the office WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
- Winners will be announced during International Education Week in November.
1st place: $100 cash prize
2nd place: $50 cash prize
3rd place: Book "A Thousand Places to See Before You Die"
"By participating in the Study Abroad Photo Essay Contest, you hereby grant Northwest Missouri State University a non-revocable license to edit, publish, use adapt, and modify any image you submit. Photos may be used for promotional purposes beyond the contest."