What We Do
Vision Statement (Who do we aspire to be?)
We will prepare all students to be actively engaged and interculturally competent citizens in our global society. Actively engaged and interculturally competent citizens: promote social justice; think critically; continue learning; educate others; attain success; improve communities.
Who Do We Serve?
- Historically underrepresented populations of students (including race, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, etc.)
- The University Community (students, faculty and staff) and the City of Maryville (Intercultural Development)
How Do We Serve?
- Intercultural and cultural programs
- Heritage Month Celebrations
- Mentoring and support
- Open office environment open to students dropping in
- Mentors Over Retention in Education (M.O.R.E. Program)
- Dr. MLK Jr. Celebration Week
- Unity Celebration
- Working with our Multicultural Organizations
- Collaboration with other faculty and staff and committee, Women's History Month, Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration, pow wow