Welcome to the Office of Intercultural Affairs
Notice: In January of 2009, The Office changed from the Office of Minority Affairs to the Office of Intercultural Affairs.
This name change was initiated for several reasons
To better communicate the idea that the office has a dual purpose- providing specialized support services for historically underrepresented populations of students and working with ALL campus stakeholders in campus wide intercultural development.
To incorporate progressive language around difference and emphasize our focus on interaction among cultural groups as well as celebration of individual heritage
To better be identified as part of the Intercultural International Center
The Office of Intercultural Affairs is one of the four specialized departments in the Intercultural International Center; a part of the Student Affairs Division of Northwest Missouri State University.
How Do We Support the University's Mission?
The mission of the Office of Intercultural Affairs is to work to support and mentor historically underrepresented populations of students as well as educate the entire Northwest community in the areas of social justice and diversity.
Tie In To Northwest Missouri State University Mission and Values
- We focus on Student Success through helping to retain and graduate students, as well as prepare students for our global society.
- We instill that social justice and interculturalism is a life-long learning process that must always continue.
- We actively promote and provide opportunities for intercultural competence on a daily basis.
- We collaborate with both Academic and Student Affairs to provide services to students.
- We value Character which includes Respect, Integrity, and pursuing Excellence.