To provide Web Design and Graphic Design services to the Office of Campus Activities and affiliate organizations; To support the Mission of the Office of Campus Activities by providing Web Publication and Electronic and Print Publication support to OCA affiliate groups, activities and on-campus events; To establish and maintain effective and timely Web presence for the Office of Campus Activities, Student Activities Council, Greek Life, Homecoming, Family Weekend, Up 'Til Dawn, Leadership Programming and the Encore Series.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform an evaluation of the Office of Campus Activities and its affiliate organizations' Web presence, identifying needed updates and opportunities for improvement.
- Research updated information from affiliate representatives for OCA, Student Activities, Geek Life, Homecoming, Family Weekend, Up 'Til Dawn, Leadership Programming and the Encore Series, in addition to others as they arise.
- Attend Northwest Web Team training to gain experience with Cascade Server and to gain information on updating current web sites for the OCA and affiliate organizations.
- Make necessary updates on a daily and weekly basis to the OCA Website and web pages for affiliate organizaitons, keeping information as timely and accurate as possible, disabling information that is outdated or inaccurate.
- Providing training to OCA Student Office Assistants regarding web updating procedures and desktop publishing as time permits and needs dictate.
- Establishing clear procedures and a manual for the Office of Campus Activities so that when the successful candidate completes their time at Northwest, Web procedures for the Office of Campus Activities and affiliate organizations are clear and can be carried on in a professional manner.
- Follow oral instructions
- Utilize effective communication skills at all times
- Demonstrate active listening techniques
- Contact and interact with University stakeholders by varied mediums and modes of communications
Critical/Creative Thinking and Problem Solving:
- Receive general instructions and complete projects independently.
- Proactively resolve needs of clients using knowledge of campus resources.
- Develop detailed documents from general instructions.
- Clean, organize, unpack, replenish and rotate office supplies, inventory and publications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook and Internet, specifically with Web Design, in addition to Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and various other desktop publishing and web publishing programs.
- Knowledge of social networking sites.
- Ability to recognize, initiate and complete various tasks.
- Ability to solve problems and be solution based.
- Demonstrate ability to be self-motivated and to take ownership of projects and procedures.
Competence in a Discipline:
- Have an interest in IDM/Graphic Design and or Computer Science with an interest in Web Design and Marketing/Promotions.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Exhibit professionalism and courtesy
- Pay attention to detail and display organizational skills
- Exhibit positive customer relations skills
- Conduct student staff meetings
- Work under strict time lines
- Thrive in high pace, high energy work environment
Team Work/Team Leading:
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment
- Develop training modules and manual for Web Design and updates for the Office of Campus Activities.
- Have ability to work with diverse on and off campus populations