Student Employment Program - Job Description
Resident Tutor-Mentor (RT)
Upward Bound Math & Science (UBMS)
Supervise students in dorm setting and provide role model for college success.
- Provide evening and weekend supervision of participants in the residence halls, on campus, and at program activities.
- Provide tutoring to participants as requested.
- Serve as role models (mentors) to help participants prepare for the transition to the college campus
- Contact each assigned "family" member/participant daily to assess how they are adjusting to/functioning in the program
- Provide College Readiness workshops for participants on topics to be decided
- Communicate regularly with teaching team members, Counselors and Central Staff
- Plan recreation activities for evening and weekend free time
- Participate in weekend cutural enrichment field trips as supervisors
- Meet with other RT's and central staff for weekly team meetings
- Must have completed at least sophomore year of college (60 credit hours) by June 1, 2015
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Clear understanding and support of program goals is required
- Responsible, energetic, creative, team-oriented
- Enrollment in Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Math Education, Science Education, or Computer Science is preferred
- Personal experience in overcoming academic and economic obstacles to success is preferred
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license
$420 per week, in addition to room and board.
On duty 5 p.m. - 8 a.m. Monday-Friday; all day Saturday & Sunday; one weekend off (to be determined)
Sat. June 6- Sat. July 18, 2015
March 1, 2015; To apply for the position please complete the Northwest application located online at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/nwmissouri/default.cfm. In addition to the Northwest application an Upward Bound Math & Science application is required. The Upward Bound Math & Science application is located online at: www.nwmissouri.edu/dept/ubms/index.htm.
Karen Woodard / Linda Davison
363 Administration Building
(660) 562-1632 / (660) 562-1538
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Contact the Supervisor to apply for this position. Apply for positions for which you meet the qualifications.