Student Employment Program - Job Description
Community Service Program - Head Start Center
- Assist in carrying out daily center activities;
- Assist other staff in completing center tasks;
- Meet and greet the parents at the beginning and/or end of the day (Full Day)
- Report behavior strides and setbacks to classroom teacher;
- Assist in maintaining control of children’s behavior using positive reinforcement and behavior management
- Assist in providing a safe, clean, comfortable environment;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all Agency and Head Start staff;
- Participate in professional development activities;
- Assist children with putting on or taking off coats during arrival or departure.
- Assist with toileting and washing hands;
- Assist with small group and learning activities;
- Assist with sweeping floors;
- Assist teacher with art time and clean up;
- Assist with wiping down tables after meals or snack;
- Assist cook with meals, snacks, setting table, clean up
- Ability to recognize and report child abuse or neglect;
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality;
- Obtain medical physical, TB test and background screening;
- Perform additional related duties as assigned by supervisor;
- Communicate well with others and children;
- Ability to be a self-starter;
- Work independently and achieve desired results in a fast paced environment;
- Exhibit professionalism and courtesy in working with parents, children and staff in person and on the phone;
- Ability to flex schedule to meet demands at different times of season;
- Exhibit ability to work with diverse populations.
- Actively participate in the planning, development and activities of a Strategic goal.
- Ability to communicate with all Head Start staff, program participants, and other employees of Community Services, Inc.;
- Understanding of the Head Start Mission Statement, Performance Standards and State Licensing Regulations
- Ability to read, understand and implement written plans and instructions
This position requires Federal Work Study eligibility.
20 Hours; Summer help will vary but can work around schedules if needed. Possibility of position continuing through regular school year. Center is open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
End of April beginning of May
Until Filled; Please complete the attached application
1212 B South Main, Maryville
Contact the Supervisor to apply for this position. Apply for positions for which you meet the qualifications.