Student Employment Program - Job Description
Community Service (Federal Work Study Position)- Association of Group Homes
Direct Supports (May apply to the individual being supported):
- Provide or assist with the preparation of meals and cleanliness of home.
- Administer or assist with the administration of prescribed medications.
- Assist each individual to portray the image they desire.
- Provide an environment safety and security at home and in the community.
- Assist with transportation.
- Personal Plans:
- Know, respect, and support each person's plan.
- Assist in all processes of personal plan development, including: implementation, teaching plans, collecting information, periodic reviews, and record keeping.
- Teach skills outlined in individuals personal plans.
- Attempt a positive, appropriate relationship with families, general community, and fellow staff members.
- Cooperate with public relations efforts as requested.
- Attend workshops, seminars, etc., as requested.
- Have any changes in scheduling approved.
- Conduct and document fire and storm drills, as requested.
- Properly complete all required paperwork.
- Operate vehicles in safe manner, if applicable. (See Vehicle Guidelines.)
- Keep supervisors aware of relevant information.
- Be cognizant of the Certification Principles in all decision-making.
- Remain awake, whether working during the day or at night.
While this job description does list many of the duties and responsibilities of a support person, other duties may be assigned or delegated. All employees shall abide by the Agency manual as a condition of employment.
- Utilize effective oral and written communications
Critical/Creative Thinking and Problem Solving:
- Receive general instructions and complete projects independently
- Work unsupervised
- Have ability to recognize, initiate, and complete various tasks
- Exhibit professionalism and courtesy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Exhibit positive customer relations skills
Team Work/Team Leading:
- Demonstrate ability to work positively with diverse populations
At least 18 years of age, high school graduate or GED, valid Class E operator's license, CPR, First Aid, Abuse/Neglect, Positive Behavior Support, and medication training (if applicable). You must have Federal Work Study to apply for this position.
15 Hours; Multiple positions available
September 7, 2012; Please fill out the attached application.
Contact the Supervisor to apply for this position. Apply for positions for which you meet the qualifications.