135 Brown Hall
Joined Northwest in 2014
- Specialist in Education; Northwest Missouri State University, 2008
- Master in Education; Northwest Missouri State University, 1992
- B.S. Education/ Early Childhood Education; Northwest Missouri State University, 1986
- Missouri Leadership Academy participant
- Missouri Advanced Leadership Academy participant
- Professional Learning Communities Exemplary School Distinction (2014)
- MAESP Distinguished Principal Nominee (2014)
- Northwest District Missouri Association of Elementary School Principals President (2013-2015)
- Preschool-Sixth Grade Principal
- High School Principal
- Teacher: grades taught include preschool, kindergarten, fourth, fifth, and Parents as Teachers
- Seipel, S., Comer, B., Watson, K., Wilson, C. (2014). Student ownership of grades, behaviors, and relationships. Presentation at the Missouri Powerful Learning Conference, Osage Beach, Mo.
- Seipel, S., Comer, B., Watson, K., & Wilson, C. (2012). Finding our focus: Data driven instruction and school wide consistency. Presentation at the Missouri Powerful Learning Conference, Osage Beach, Mo.
- Seipel, S., Comer, B., McLain, J., Watson, K., & Wilson, C. (2011). Engaging Students While Teachers Collaborate. Presentation at the Missouri Powerful Learning Conference, Osage Beach, Mo.
Grade Levels Previously Taught
- Parents as Teachers
- Fourth Grade
- Fifth Grades
Areas of Special Interest
Leadership is very important to me. Everyone can be a leader and as a leader in education, it is my job to help students find their talent and help them nurture and grow that talent.
Favorite Thing About Teaching
Every day is an adventure in education. I am extremely fortunate to be able to spend every day with students of all ages!
Spending time with family, reading, and enjoying life!
Favorite Children’s Book
I love Dr. Seuss books. As a child I read all of the Boxcar Children books and loved Nancy Drew Mysteries. I still like to read mysteries.