Joined Northwest in 2014
- Master of Arts in Education, Baker University
- B.S.Ed. Early Childhood Education, Missouri Western State University
Grade Levels Previously Taught
- Kindergarten, St.Francis Xavier School
- Early Childhood Coordinator, St. Francis Xavier School
- First Grade, St. Joseph School District
- Parent as Teachers educator
Areas of Special Interest
- Helping children learn to read
- Technology integration
Favorite Thing About Teaching
I am passionate about teaching children to read. I live for those priceless moments when a child cracks the code of reading and lights up with pride. I am a big believer that math should make sense to children. I strive to capitalize on a child's natural curiosity to draw them into learning and make it feel more like a game than work.
I have been married to my husband, Joseph, for twenty four years. The children in my classes are always very excited to learn that my husband is a Captain with the Platte County Sheriff's Department. Our girls have already left home to pursue college or career goals. We have three biological children and three children through adoption. Our oldest son just graduated high school and joined the Army National Guard. He intends to pursue a degree in criminal justice at the University of Central Missouri when he returns from boot camp and advanced training. Our two younger boys are in high school and due to special needs will probably remain at home with us.