Program Admission Requirements
Students wishing to pursue a graduate degree in the Department of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance must meet the admission requirements of the University and department as stated in this catalog:
- Make application to the Graduate School.
- A minimum overall grade point average of 2.75 on the undergraduate transcript is required. A student who has an undergraduate GPA of 2.20 to 2.74 may be considered for admission after he/she has completed eight hours of required graduate coursework at Northwest with a GPA of 3.25.
- A minimum combined score of:
On the verbal and quantitative sections of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). The student must retake the test if the score is below the afore mentioned scores, respectively. Official scores must be filed with the Graduate Office to complete the admission packet before being admitted to the program.
|M.S. Ed Health and Physical Education
|M. S. Recreation
|M.S. Applied Health Sciences
- Minimum score of 3.5 on the GRE Writing Assessment or the student must take an English course suitable to the needs of the student and/or the department above and beyond the 32 or 33 hours required for the degrees. This requirement must be met before the student is admitted to candidacy and/or beyond 15 hours.
- Complete departmental admissions packet and receive written acceptance from the HPERD department via the graduate coordinator or their designee. Deadlines for submission of graduate admissions packets are as follows:
- Fall Admission - August 1
- Spring Admission - December 1
- Summer Admission - April 1