Once you have your initial certificate in Missouri, you are eligible to add certificates in additional areas. The State of Missouri has an on-line application system. You will be able to access your certificate electronically and print your own certificate including any new certification areas. You must set up your "profile" in order to access your records and obtain your Missouri teaching certificate. If you need additional assistance, you may request this at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A “Help Guide for New Online Certification System” is available on the DESE Certification website. This will give you some guidance for this process. This guide is available at Help Guide for New Online Certification System.
You may complete your profile and application by choosing "DESE Web Application" at the DESE Homepage or at DESE Educator Certification. As you complete your on‑line profile and application, you will take the following steps:
- Create your Username and Password - If you have previously created your profile, you may "Login." If you have not created your profile, you need to "Register."
- Enter your Profile by clicking on “Educator Certification System” link under “Office of Educator Quality” located under the “User Information” heading.
- After your "User ID" is set up, you can routinely enter the Licensure system and apply for an additional license or change your contact information.
- Select "Education" in the menu to the left and click "Add"
- Enter your Educational data.
- If you are adding a certificate utilizing coursework, you need to send DESE an official transcript. Information on obtaining your Northwest transcript is on our website at Requesting an Official Northwest Transcript.
- Select "Application-Additional" by clicking in the menu to the left.
- Your profile information should appear attached to the form.
- Click the appropriate bubble for additional Missouri certificate utilizing Praxis II test results or coursework. When you choose the appropriate bubble, a drop‑down box will appear to you to choose the certificate that you want to add.
- Conduct and Investigations
- Answer the conduct questions truthfully.
- Sign & Submit
- Read this carefully before electronically signing. This is your "signature." This provides DESE with information and gives them permission to investigate.
- Information you can see
- When you are in your Profile, click on the gray bars to view the status on your fingerprints, Praxis II scores, and application information.
- DESE does not receive the Praxis II score reports for several months.
- School districts will also be able to view the Praxis II tests that you have taken and passed.
- Viewing/Printing Your Missouri Teaching Certificate
- Select "Certificate Status" to the left in the menu.
- You will receive an email notification when your teaching certificate is issued. When your teaching certificate is issued, you will click to the left of your profile page on the "Certificate Status" link. This link will be where you can view/print your Missouri Teaching Certificate.