Microsoft Access 2013
To schedule a computer training course contact Client Computing at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Note: Please include your name, contact information and training request with your message.
- The Fundamentals
- An introduction to working with Access. Learn about the main parts of the program screen, how to give commands, use help, and about new features in Access 2013.
- Database Basics
- An introduction to Access basics. Understand key Access functionality, such as entering data and the basics of tables, forms, queries and reports.
- Creating and Working with a Database
- Learn to create and modify the major database objects: tables, forms, queries, and reports. Also learn how to create mailing labels and how to convert a database to a different version.
- Finding, Filtering, and Formatting Data
- Microsoft Access is equipped with an arsenal of Find, Sort, and Filter commands that can track down and organize a table’s information in record time. Learn how to use these commands.
- Working with Tables and Fields
- Explains tables and fields: how to link two or more related tables, how to create indexes for faster performance, and how to create a primary key field, which uniquely identifies each record in a table. Also explains how to change all the properties and settings for your tables’ fields, such as how they are formatted and what kind of information they can store.
- Creating Relational Databases
- Learn how to link tables in an existing database together in a one-to-many relationship to create a relational database. Also learn how to enforce referential integrity between those tables to keep records in related fields valid and accurate.
- Working with Queries
- Learn how to harness the power of queries. Learn about all the different types of queries: simple select queries, parameter queries that prompt you for more information, crosstab queries that summarize records in an easy-to-understand format, and action queries that actually modify the records in your database
- Working with Forms
- Learn how to create Access forms that include fill-in-the-blank fields, check boxes, drop-down lists, and more.
- Working with Reports
- Explains how to create and work with reports.
- Formatting Forms and Reports
- Explains how to format your forms and reports to make them more visually attractive and easier to read. Learn how to change the appearance, size, and color of fonts and how to align text inside a control. Also describes how you can add pictures and graphics to your forms and reports.
- Working with Macros
- Learn how to create macros, which are sets of one or more actions that perform a particular operation, such as opening a form or printing a report.
- Advanced Topics
- Learn how to import and export data from external sources, including the difference between importing and linking to outside data. Also learn how to use Access to collect data from e-mails, how to repair a database, how to set a password to protect your data, and how to create a Switchboard to make navigating a database easier.