Dr. M. Abdul Mottaleb
Ph.D. - Analytical and Environmental Chemistry, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
Area of Expertise
Expertise includes method development, analysis and tracking of
- occurrence, transport and fate of anthropogenic contaminants in aquatic ecosystems
- biotransformation and bioavailability of persistent organic pollutants
- bioconcentration of fragrances (nitro musks) and toxic chemicals in the different environmental compartments and aquatic organisms.
Expanded Bio »
- M. A. Mottaleb, M. K. Bellamy, M.A. Mottaleb, M. R. Islam. (2015) Use of LC-MS and GC-MS methods to measure emerging contaminants pharmaceutical and personal care products (PPCPs) in fish. J. Chromatogr. Sep. Tech. 6 (3), 267 (doi:10.4172/2157-7064.1000267)
- A.S.M. Saem, M.T. Hossain, D.H.N. Chandan, M. A. Mottaleb, M. T. Alam. (2015) Single-step purification of Urease from Canavalia gladiata seeds. Int. J. Pharma Sci. Res. 6(2), 845-849, 2015.
- J. Foltz, M. A. Mottaleb, M. J. Meziani, M. R. Islam. (2014) Simultaneous detection and quantification of select nitromusks, antimicrobial agent, and antihistamine in fish of grocery stores by gas chromatography–mass spectrometry, Chemosphere, 107, 187-193.
- M. A. Mottaleb, M. J. Meziani, M. R. Islam. (2014) Solid-phase microextraction and its application to natural products “in Handbook of Chemical and Biological Plants Analytical Methods”, Eds- K. Hostettmann, S. Chen, H. Stupper, John Wiley & Sons publishers, Volume I, 105 -128.
- G. Dieringer, L Cabrera, M. A. Mottaleb. (2014) Ecological relationship between floral thermogenesis and pollination in Nelumbo Lutea (Nelumbonaceae). Am. J. Botany, 101(2): 357–364.
- C. Pettegrew, Z. Dong, M. Z. Muhi, S. Pease, M. A. Mottaleb, M. R. Islam. (2014) Silver Nanoparticle Synthesis using Monosaccharides and Their Growth Inhibitory Activity against Gram-negative and positive Bacteria. ISRN Nanotechnology, vol. 2014, 1-8. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/480284)
- K. M. G. Mostofa, C. Liu, K. Gao, S. Li, D. Vione, M. A. Mottaleb. (2013) Impacts of global warming on biogeochemical cycles in natural waters “in Photobiogeochemistry of Organic Matters: Principles and Practices in Water Environments”, Eds - K.M.G. Mostofa, T. Yoshioka, M.A. Mottaleb, D. Vione, Springer, New York, 851-914.
- M. A. Mottaleb, L. I Osemwengie, M. R. Islam, G. W. Sovocool. (2012) Identification of bound nitro musk-protein adduct in fish liver by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry: Biotransformation, dose-response and toxicokinetics of nitro musk metabolites protein adducts in trout liver as biomarker of exposure, Aquat. Toxicol., 106-107, 164-172.
- M. A. Mottaleb, S. D. Sarker. (2012). Accelerated solvent extraction for natural products isolation “in Natural Product Isolation - Methods and Protocols”, 3rd Edition, Eds - S. D. Sarker and L. Nahar, Humana Press, Springer Science, New York, 75-87.
- B. Subedi, M. A. Mottaleb, C. K. Chambliss, S. Usenko. (2011) Simultaneous analysis of select personal care products in fish tissue using pressurized liquid extraction combined with silica gel cleanup, J. Chromatogr. A, 1218, 6278-6284.
- S. B. Quraishi, T. R. Choudhury, S. R. Khan, M. A. Mottaleb*. (2010) Season - and year-wise distribution of trace metals and anions in lake water: Results from five years study of the Gulshan Lake water. Submitted, Maejo Int. J. Sci. Technol.
- A. J. Ramirez, R. A. Brain, S. Usenko, M. A. Mottaleb, J.G. O'Donnell, L. L. Stahl, J B. Wathen, B. D. Snyder, J. L. Pitt, P. P. Hurtado, L. L. Dobbins, B. W. Brooks, C. K. Chambliss*. (2009) Occurrence of pharmaceuticals and personal care products (PPCPs) in fish tissues: Results of a national pilot study in the U.S. Environ. Toxicol. Chem. 28, 2587-2597.
- M. A. Mottaleb, S. Usenko, J.G. O'Dennell, J. Ramirez, B. W. Brooks, and C. K. Chambliss*
(2009) Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry for select UV filters, synthetic musks, alkylphenols, an antimicrobial agent and an insect repellent in fish J. Chromatgr. A. 1216, 815-823.
- W.C. Brumley*, M.A. Mottaleb. (2009) Partial characterization of biosolids: Hydrophilic organic components. Environ. Sci. AIJ. 4, 3
- M.A. Mottaleb*, J.H. Zimmerman, and T.W. Moy. (2008) Biological transformation, kinetics and dose-response assessments of bound musk ketone hemoglobin adducts in rainbow trout as biomarkers of environmental exposure. J. Env. Sci. 20(7), 878-884.