Selecting a major is one of the most important decisions a student has to make. Students are often unsure of which path to take. Northwest offers a variety of departmental resources and knowledgeable faculty to help you make an informed decision. Explore these pages for additional guidance.
Career Services provides guidance to those students who are uncertain about which career path is right for them. Interactive online assessments help you learn about yourself and potential careers. The staff interacts with students through individualized sessions and plans events to share information on available jobs/internships, resume/cover letter critiques, interviewing skills, salaries and much more.
- Do you see yourself as a "deciding student"?
- Are you having difficulty deciding on a major or minor?
- Are you unsure about your interest/abilities?
- Do you need to talk with someone about career concerns?
Learn More | Contact Career Services
Advisement assistance helps make your transition to Northwest smooth as you declare a major and choose the correct courses. The office also offers what is called the "what-if degree audit." This tool allows students to identify which courses they've completed and how each would count toward a potential new major.
- Are you trying to narrow your choices within your field of interest?
- Do you know what courses are required for your selected major?
- Need a new advisor?
- Are your grades slipping?
- Thinking about dropping courses or withdrawing from classes?
- Have you been contacted by Early Alert?
Learn More | Contact Advisement Assistance
Personal Development and Counseling Services can help you sort out concerns in your life, both career oriented and interpersonal. Professional staff can provide further career exploration. All services are confidential.
- Do multiple aspects of your life leave you feeling undecided or confused?
- Are you experiencing a large amount of emotion about the entire topic of careers?
- Have you been to Career Services and are still paralyzed by the idea of choosing a career?
Learn More | Contact Counseling Services