Exemplary Leadership Academy
The Exemplary Leadership Academy is the premier student leadership development program at Northwest Missouri State University. This nine-week part curricular, part co-curricular course is centered on The Student Leadership Challenge® and focuses on helping students learn, connect, and apply the Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership. Each week, students will engage in a several peer-to-peer discussions, participate in highly-interactive group activities, and begin applying acquired knowledge to their personal experiences.
To be considered for the Exemplary Leadership Academy, students must:
- Have a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Have between 30-75 credit hours by the start of Spring 2016
- Be entering sophomore or junior year
- Be involved in at least one student organization on-campus
- Be available to attend all class sessions and complete outside projects
- Be available to assist with the annual Bearcat Leadership Training in January
- Be willing to learn, commit to positive change, and contribute to fellow peers for the betterment of all
Stay tuned for more information regarding the Spring 2016 Exemplary Leadership Academy application!
Benefits of the Exemplary Leadership Academy
Students who are invited and accept membership into the Exemplary Leadership Academy will benefit by:
- Gaining valuable knowledge and practice in developing leadership competencies
- Receiving a FREE Student Leadership Challenge Workbook and Personal Leadership Journal
- Being recognized at NW Leadership Awards Banquet for one of the most precious honors
- Becoming a Small Group Facilitator for the Bearcat Leadership Training student conference
- Getting free pizza and drinks during the first class
- Being able to request a Letter of Recommendation from the Office of Campus Activities upon successful graduation of the Academy
- Being recognized in all media outlets (NW Missourian, radio, press release from University, etc.)
- Being eligible to present at various OCA-sponsored and University-wide programs and events
- Being eligible for a $250 conference scholarship upon successful completion of the Academy
Most importantly…students will gain vital knowledge, acquire valuable skills that employers desire, and gain a sense of confidence in their own ability to lead themselves and others, both in their time in college and in the years beyond.
THE EXPERIENCE STUDENTS WILL GAIN FROM SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE EXEMPLARY LEADERSHIP ACADEMY IS UNPARALLED AND CANNOT BE FOUND IN ANY OTHER LEADERSHIP PROGRAM ON-CAMPUS.