- Doctorate of Philosophy in Social Psychology, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Department of Psychology (2003)
- Masters of Arts in Psychology, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Department of Psychology (2000)
- Master of Science in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, University of Rochester School of Nursing, Rochester, New York (1992)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Rochester School of Nursing, Rochester, New York (1989)
- Abnormal Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Disaster Psychology
- Humanitarian Assistance
- Introduction to Disaster Response and Recovery
- Co-developer of the Interdisciplinary Comprehensive Crisis Response Minor
- Disaster Response and Recovery
- Behavioral Threat Assessment
- Crisis Intervention
- Haberyan, A., & Barnett, J. (2009). Collaborative testing and Achievement: Are two heads really better than one? Journal of Instructional Psychology. 37, 32-41. (peer- reviewed).
- Haberyan, A. & Hiatt, S. (2008). Disaster Facts: What school guidance counselors need to know. The Counseling Interviewer, 41, 7-9 (peer-reviewed).
- Hiatt, S. & Haberyan, A. (2008). Planning, organizing, implementing a crisis/emergency response conference. The Counseling Interviewer, 41, 10- 13 (peer-reviewed).
- Kibler, K, Haberyan, A., Wilmes, J, & Murr, V. (2009). Suicide Prevention: A Rural University's Response. The Counseling Interviewer, 41, 20-24 (peer-reviewed).
- Haberyan, A. & Kibler, J. (2008). Physical violence in rural and urban Midwestern adolescent dating relationships. Psychology Journal. (peer-reviewed).
- Kibler, J. & Haberyan, A. (2008). Suicide Prevention Training for Resident Assistants: Results of the Northwest Training Model. Retrieved February 12, 2008, from http://counselingoutfitters.com/vistas/vistas_2008_Title.htm.(peer-reviewed).
- Dunham, D. N. & Haberyan, A. (2007). Cooperative test-taking, personality characteristics and longer term memory of course content. Journal for the Liberal Arts & Sciences, 12 (peer-reviewed).
- Haberyan, A. (2007). Team-Based Learning in an Industrial/Organizational Psychology Course, North American Journal of Psychology, 9 (peer-reviewed).
Selected Presentations at National Conferences
- Barnett, J, & Haberyan, A (2010). Academic Entitlement, Narcissism, and Emotional Intelligence. Presentation at the May 2011 annual convention of the American Psychological Society, Washington, D.C.
- Haberyan, A. International Humanitarian Law at the Higher Education Level. Panel presentation, June 22, 2010, American Red Cross National Headquarters, Washington, D.C.
- Haberyan, A., Barnett, J, & Francis, A. (2010). The Impact of Intruder Drills on Students' Perceptions of Anxiety and Safety. Presentation at the May 2010 annual convention of the American Psychological Society, Boston, Mass.
- Francis, A. & Haberyan A. Gender, college students' fear of victimization, and behavior: A complex relationship. Presentation at the May 2009 annual convention of the American Psychological Society, San Francisco.
- Kibler, J. & Haberyan, A. Suicide Prevention Training for Research Assistants: Results of the Northwest Missouri State University Training Model. Presentation at the March 2008 annual convention of the Association Counseling Association, Hawaii.
- Dunham, D. & Haberyan, A. Collaborative Testing Does Not Increase Longer-Term Memory of Course Content. Poster Presentation at the May 2007 annual convention of the American Psychological Society, Washington, D.C.
- Haberyan, A, Barnett, J. (2008). Applied Research Grant (Northwest Missouri State University internal grant). The Psychological Consequences of Sleep Deprivation on Participants in a Field Training Exercise. $6,000. (funded).
- Kibler, J., Haberyan, A., & Murr, V. (2006). Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Campus Suicide Prevention Grant. Northwest Missouri State University suicide prevention program. $406, 000 (funded).
Other Professional Experiences
- Controller/Trainer, Summer Institute in International Disaster Relief and Humanitarian Assistance, Macedonia and Atlantic Hope Disaster Field Training Exercise, Indian River State College, Fort Pierce, Florida
- Taught Psychological First Aid to participants
- Trainer/Evaluator for prison detainee scenario
- Trainer/Evaluator for Internally Displaced Persons scenario
- Trainer/Evaluator for Musanci earthquake search and rescue scenario
- Trainer/Evaluator for Incident Command Post
- Assessed participants for achievement of exercise objectives
- Participated in pre and post exercise planning meetings
- Provided feedback to participants
- Participated in after action reviews
- Monitored the training environment to ensure physical and psychological safety
Northwest Missouri State University Campus - Community Emergency Response Team Trainer Maryville, Missouri.
- Assisted with the developed of the C-CERT program
- Work with media to gain public recognition of C-CERT capabilities
- Recruit class participants
- Develop supplemental classes and exercises to improve members' skills
- Provided training in disaster psychology, medical operations, incident command
- Trainer/Evaluation for disaster simulations
2008, Disaster Response Exercise Development, Nodaway County, Missouri
- Conducted needs assessment for Nodaway County emergency response
- Developed tornado tabletop exercise for County Emergency Management
- Participant in tabletop exercise
Selected Professional Training, Certifications and Licensure
- Human Services-Board Certified Practitioner (HS-BCP), awarded August, 2010, Center for Credentialing and Education.
- IS-0022 Are you ready? An in-depth Guide to Citizen Preparedness awarded August 2010, Emergency Management Institute, Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- IS-00200.a ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents awarded August 2010, Emergency Management Institute, Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- National Instructor, International Humanitarian Law, awarded August 2009, American Red Cross, International Services.
- Basic Public Information Officer Course, awarded April 2009, Missouri State Emergency Management Agency.
- Community Emergency Response Team Train-the-Trainer, awarded October 2008, Missouri State Emergency Management Agency.
- Emergency Management Professional Development Certificate of Completion awarded August 2008, Emergency Management Institute, Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Member, Nodaway County Local Emergency Planning Committee, Maryville, Missouri.
- Report CERT activities and needs
- Network with committee members
- Participate in the development of tabletop exercises
2007, December Ice Storm. Shelter Operations Volunteer, Maryville, Missouri.
- Recruited volunteers for shelter operations
- Obtained cots, medical supplies, and food
- Provided emotional support to clients
- Assisted clients with hygiene needs
- Provided basic first aid to clients
- Assisted with the intake procedures for clients
- National Organization for Human Services
- International Association of Emergency Management
- Association for Psychological Science
- Missouri Governor's Award for Excellence in Teaching (2010)
- College of Education and Human Services Deans Award for Excellence in Teaching (2010)
- Indispensable Woman of the Year, Northwest Missouri State University (2009)
- Northwest Missouri State University National Society of Collegiate Scholars (2007)
- Mortar Board Certificate of Appreciation (Given for devoted and invaluable services for superior education of Northwest students) (2004, 2005)