- Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology
- Specialty in Organizational Psychology with a Certificate in Women's Studies Saint Louis University (St. Louis, MO)
- Master of Science (Research) in Psychology
- Specialty in Organizational Psychology Saint Louis University (St. Louis, MO)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Majors in Psychology and Business Administration, Communication Minor
- Summa Cum Laude
- Stephens College (Columbia, MO)
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Psychology of Groups and Teams
- Introduction to Psychological Experimentation
- Psychology in Film
- Psychology of Leadership
- History and Systems of Psychology
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Group and team dynamics
- Emotions in Organizations
- College student development
(underlined co-authors were undergraduate students at the time the manuscript was prepared)
- Francis, A. (2011, September 24). A hammer, a nail, and YouTube: Expanding your instructional technology toolbox. [Review of the book Best Practices for Technology-Enhanced Teaching and Learning: Connecting to Psychology and the Social Sciences]. PsycCRITIQUES-Contemporary Psychology: APA Review of Books, 56 (34).
- Wilson, M., & Francis, A.L. (2011). Assisting sexual abuse victims: The school counselor's role. The Counseling Interviewer, 43 (4), 5-7.
- Francis, A., & Barnett, J. (in press). The effect and implications of a "self-correcting" assessment procedure. Teaching of Psychology.
- Francis, A. (2010, November 7). If you can't stand the heat . . . take off your coat: The affective state of groups and the role of the facilitator. [Review of the book Standing in the Fire: Leading High-Heat Meetings with Clarity, Calm, and Courage]. PsycCRITIQUES-Contemporary Psychology: APA Review of Books, 55 (46).
- Francis, A. (2010). The dynamics of meetings: The influence of purpose, structure, process, and participants [Monograph]. Saarbrücken: VDM Verlag Dr. Müller Aktiengesellschaft & Co. KG.
National Conference Presentations
(underlined co-authors were undergraduate students at the time of the presentation)
- Francis, A. & Flanigan, A. (2011, October). Self-directed learning goes to school: Implications for motivation and engagement. Presentation at the 41st Annual Conference of the International Society for Exploring Teaching and Learning, San Diego, CA.
- Francis, A. & Flanigan, A. (2011, May). Self-directed learning and academic motivation: pedagogical implications. Poster session presented at the 23rd annual convention of the Association for Psychological Science, Washington, D.C.
- Francis, A. & Hulgan, M.G. Jr. (2011, May). Positive family spillover: Relationships with undergraduates academic performance, self-efficacy and academic motivation. Poster session presented at the 23rd annual convention of the Association for Psychological Science, Washington, D.C.
- Haberyan, A.B., Barnett, J. & Francis, A.L., (2010, May). The impact of intruder drills on students' perceptions of anxiety and safety. Poster session presented at the 22nd annual convention of the Association for Psychological Science, Boston, MA.
- Francis, A.L., & Hendrix, R. (2010, May). Faculty and student ratings of undergraduate research presentations at a regional conference. Poster session presented at for the 22nd annual convention of the Association for Psychological Science, Boston, MA.
- Francis, A.L. (2009, October). Self-made knowledge: Engaging experiences and emotion in a psychology of gender course. Presentation at the Hot Topics: Best Practices in Teaching Controversial Issues in Psychology conference, Atlanta, GA.
Other Professional Experiences
- Director of the Freshman Seminar Program
- Association for Psychological Science member
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology member
- Society for the Teaching of Psychology member
- Certified Yoga Instructor (CYT200)