This website is best viewed in a browser that supports web standards.
Skip to content or, if you would rather, Skip to navigation.
Northwest's Agricultural Museum is located in the Valk Agriculture Professions Center. More than 65 years ago an agriculture teacher at Northwest with the unlikely name of Frank Horsfall Jr. began asking his neighbors and friends for old farm tools. Horsfall wanted to create a museum that would preserve and celebrate the region's traditional agrarian culture. By 1940, Horsfall had established his Ag museum, which was initially housed in the Administration Building.
With the completion of the Valk Agriculture Professions Center in 1970, the items were moved into display cases within Valk. In Fall 2000, Dr. Jamie Patton helped established the current museum, which contains both agricultural and American Indian artifacts.
Items on display include collections of wrenches, horseshoes, butter churns and branding irons along with tools used by blacksmiths and cobblers. The oldest items on display are a 1799 oxen yoke and a corn cob discovered in a pueblo ruin dating from A.D. 1100.
For more information about the museum, which is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays when the University is in session, or to donate an artifact, contact the Department of Agriculture at 660.562.1155 (ext. 1155)