Admission Requirements for International Students
All international student applicants must complete a Missouri Academy Application Form for International Students . Applications will be considered on a rolling admission basis between September 2012 and May 2013. The following criteria will be used for admission and selection of candidates from among international students:
- Candidates must have taken or are currently taking the following subjects and are showing high performance in the classroom, mostly "A" grades:
- 10 th grade level Mathematics or higher
- Science (Chemistry and/or Biology)
- Candidates must be ranked in the top 5% of their class
- Candidates must take either the TOEFL test or the IELTS test:
- TOEFL test scores (only one of the three is required):
- The paper-based test: 550
- The computer-based test: 213
- The Internet-based test: 79
- IELTS test: the minimum test score in Band 6.0.
- Evaluations (one from mathematics teacher, one from science teacher, and one from English teacher).
- Student essays (the essay must reflect the effort of the student alone)
- The minimum expected scores for consideration are: ACT composite 23 and mathematics 24; SAT total score of 1090 (with verbal=490 and mathematics=550).
- Items 1-6 (above) describe candidates who excel academically. The Missouri Academy is also looking for students with good character - in other words - students who show/exhibit good personal character and integrity, and students who will contribute positively to the living/learning community at the Missouri Academy.