This website is best viewed in a browser that supports web standards.

Skip to content or, if you would rather, Skip to navigation.

Northwest Missouri State University

Workers' Compensation

All employees of the University are covered by Missouri Workers' Compensation and are entitled to treatment by an authorized medical doctor for any injury sustained on the job. The employee also may be reimbursed for lost time, disability or dismemberment.

Injuries must be reported immediately to your supervisor. Employees are REQUIRED to contact the Central Accident Reporting Office (CARO) prior to any medical treatment. Reporting injuries to CARO in a timely manner will allow CARO to make a determination of compensability and direct medical treatment efficiently. It is important to note that CARO cannot consider payment of lost wages, medical bills or medical referrals unless the injury is reported.

Work Comp paperwork is available on the myNorthwest portal. If you have any questions, please contact the office at extension 1127 or 1129.